Thursday, November 01, 2012

The Boy Book, The Treasure Map of Boys, and Real Live Boyfriends (by E. Lockhart)

I finished these at various points in my vacation, but I will lump them all together because I don't have a ton to say about them individually. This is a very fun "quartet" of books about Ruby Oliver, and although it does end up being a little predictable as far as the end-game developments go, it still is enjoyably complex about female friendship and imperfect parents and panic attacks and other real-life issues.

For example, I was glad that (spoiler for The Princess Diaries too): Ruby never made up with her heinously bitchy friend Kim, even though they used to be best friends. Lily in The Princess Diaries I am looking at you.  

There are a few slang words that are annoying (who says "Ag" instead of "Ugh," anyway? "Ag"?) and a little cutesy, but as far as YA goes, this was fun. Can you tell yet that I don't have much to say about these books? THEY ARE CUTE READ THEM OKAY THE END.

I promise my review of Ragtime will be marginally more interesting.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home