Thursday, September 30, 2010

Tea Time for the Traditionally Built (by Alexander McCall Smith)*

I'm listening to audiobooks again on my commute and this was the first one: the latest in the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency series. (Although I think I accidentally skipped one, because there were a lot of references to events that I never read about. Oops.)

These books are always sweet and low-key and charming, always more about hanging out with the characters and drinking Red Bush Tea in Botswana than about any sort of crime or investigation. That said, I enjoyed the plotlines in this one: the case was fun (though its resolution was really ridiculous), Mma Makutsi's love life plotline was cute, and I empathized with Mma Ramotswe's love for her tiny white van.

Just a really delightful entry in the series, exactly what I was in the mood for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home