Saturday, July 31, 2021

Black Dahlia, Red Rose (by Piu Eatwell)

I read The Emperor of All Maladies thinking it would qualify as "investigative nonfiction by a POC" but it's really not investigative. So I decided to try again with this book about the Black Dahlia murder by Piu Eatwell.

I've read a few Black Dahlia books and they are always kind of terrible. (I read the Black Dahlia Avenger, although Google barely indexes my blog so I can't find it anymore.) This one is better than average and presents a theory of the case that I personally find persuasive.  Although the consulting psychiatrist does sound like a quack, it seems that Leslie Dillon knew facts of the case that only the killer would know, plus there is a ton of circumstantial evidence tying him to Elizabeth Short and to the murder. Case closed? 

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home