Monday, February 04, 2019

My Lesbian Experience with Loneliness (by Nagata Kabi)

My first time reading manga, which I guess is the point of the Read Harder Challenge! Overall I really enjoyed this; it's super honest and charming, very raw and real as the author talks about her experiences with self-harm, feelings of worthlessness, and sexual confusion.

The only thing I didn't like was the artwork convention where the lead character's face looks like it's melting off or she's sweating or crying. Sometimes it's clear which it is but sometimes not. The idea is "she's in distress" and I get that, but it was distracting to me because I always interpreted it as "it's hot and her face is melting like a candle." That is a real nitpick though.

I found the manga style pretty easy to get used to once I got the hang of it, and I can see why this one has won so many awards. I will pass this copy along to a loved friend and definitely try to find the sequel!  

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home