Thursday, March 23, 2006

Without You (Anthony Rapp)

I got this for my birthday and read it in a day, totally unable to put it down and sniffling my way through most of it. Written with such candor and such heart, it's a memoir about his experiences with Rent (the musical) and his family, especially his mother. When I was done, I really just wanted more. In particular, I would have liked more discussions about his relationships with the people in the Rent cast, with anecdotes from the performances, more detail about what was cut and when and why, and of course I wanted to hear about the filming of the movie, other than in a postscript. I loved the parts about his family, his love life, his queer identity; I loved everything that was there. But I wanted even more!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home